Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 7 - Fighting the elements

I knew this week was going to be tough. Ran 11 miles on the course last week and was set to run 13 yesterday around the Charles River. A nice change of scenery from Route 16 and a break from hills... so I had hoped. The course was flat but since there is no place for the snow to go the pathways were snowy, slushy, and at some points it game up past my ankles. Made for some super uncomfy wet socks and some agility training that I didn't need. Started feeling the blisters form around miles 6.
On top of that I failed greatly at this past weeks short runs. Between the storms, working late, last minute "to do's" for the fundraising event on Friday night (thank you to everyone who came, we raised $1758!) I only got on the treadmill once... for 1.5 miles. =(
Needless to say once I finished the first 10 mile loop yesterday I said "never mind" to the next 3. Most people on my team did the same thing. No one felt like fighting the terrible running conditions.

This week my plan of attack is to hit the treadmill at least twice for 4-5 mile runs and get back to doing my silly leg lifts every.single.day (been slacking at that!) and hit the ground running (literally) next Saturday for 15 miles... the most I've ever done!

No comments:

Post a Comment