Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Week 10 - Out Sick

I was looking forward to this past Saturdays run because it was ONLY 12 miles. (Makes me laugh every time I say "only" 12 miles) But, as luck would have it I had to sit this one out due to a lingering cough (I think caused by my 15 mile run 2 weeks ago) that went away and came back stronger, nastier, and with sneezing, runny nose, and sinus pressure =( Taking no chances I went to the doctor on Friday to see if she could give me a miracle drug to kick this out of my system in time for Saturday mornings run. To my dismay, there was no drug she could prescribe to get rid of my symptoms within 16 hours. She did give me a chest xray though... and there was nothing. Just a common cold that needed to run its course and prevent me from running mine.

Feeling better now and was able to run today and this past Monday. Will be running a half marathon in Colchester CT this Saturday. Hoping my race time will be a tiny bit faster than my training pace but we'll see since I have chosen to run yet another half that is NOTHING.BUT.HILLS! It will be good practice though and will be fun to break from the normal "out and backs" I've been doing in Wellesley.

No comments:

Post a Comment