Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 11 - Colchester Half Marathon; official time 2:31:09

More than 23 minutes faster than my first half! I was very happy with this especially considering I was out sick last week and yet again, did a horrible job getting on the treadmill this past week. The Colchester half was a lot of fun. It was a perfect day for running and the course was scenic, and very rural. Ran by some cows, and even on some dirt roads. The hills were incredibly steep and some seemed to be never ending but the race coordinator would pop out of nowhere at the start of some. He had so much energy and passion that it helped get me to to the top. With a 1/4 mile left to go I saw a father/son team running a bit in front of us. The son couldn't have been more than 12 and I wasn't going to let a 12 year old beat me. I passed him... then found out he's only 9 years old. Even though I beat a 9 year old by only 15 seconds... my confidence has been restored! LOL!

7 weeks to go and I'm starting to get really nervous that April 18th is within the very near future, but also really excited. Fingers still crossed that the rest of training goes well!

March will be insanely challenging as it's the busiest month for me at work and I'm bound to be at the office really late each night this week, next week, and possibly the week after that. Not sure how and when I'll be able to get my weekday running in. Morning runs before work don't exactly work for me - they leave me a bit cranky and this month I can't be lashing out at my coworkers (as funny as that sounds, it's happened before and I don't want people to run the other way when they see me coming down the hall!) IF in fact I end up in the office past 8 it's highly unlikely I'll make it to the gym. All I can do is try to get all my work done in time and make the most of my Saturday long runs.

Next week, 15 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment