Sunday, March 13, 2011

Week 13 - It hurts so good

That title is a lie. It hurt like a #@*%&!! Yesterday morning I pushed myself and did 18 miles. That was a mistake. It was my worst long run to date for a lot of reasons.

This past week work has been crazy. I was at the office each night until anywhere between 8pm and midnight. Back in some days at 7:30am. That wasn’t fun. Due to the late nights I didn’t get a single run in or any of my leg exercises (I can see my PT shaking his head). Healthy, hearty meals were impossible to squeeze in too, and I hate to admit it, but sometimes meals didn't happen at all. I knew all of this wasn’t going to add up to a decent long run and I was right. Fortunately I ran with a friend and she and I talked and laughed most of the way. That made the run go by seemingly fast and it was enjoyable until about mile 14 when everything was sore, my toes felt like they were going to fall off, my mood was insanely cranky, I was starving, and it seemed like Comm Ave. on the way back was NEVER going to end! My time was horrendous... about 4 hours. Ug!

On the plus side, the days are getting warmer and longer. Soon work will go back to normal and I'll be able to run in the evenings outside while it's still light out. Next week the long run is only 12 (ha, ONLY 12 - still cracks me up) and then I head over to Marathon Sports for some new sneakers - which will make my poor feet happy! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment