Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 14 - The countdown is on; the jacket is so cute!

4 weeks to go. Omg, 4 weeks to go! 28 days to go. 3 more long runs. I'm so excited, but so scared!
Last weeks training was still tough due to working late. I managed to get in one weekday run outside (thank you day light savings time!) Saturday it was an easy 12 miles around the Charles River. Gorgeous day! Sunny, breezy, about 40 degrees. I'm praying it can be like that on Marathon Monday. Afterwards the team went to Marathon Sports and I invested in a new pair of Brooks running shoes. I've heard they're the best. Can't wait to break them in. I also got "the stick"... a toothbrush for muscles. LOL. It (hopefully) will do wonders for sore legs. I checked out the official marathon jackets too and I'm very happy they aren't tacky looking this year. Super excited to (maybe) be able to sport one when I (successfully) finish!

Next week's 21 mile run starts at the actual start line in Hopkinton. After that the runs taper down. Marathon Monday will be here before I know it.

Omg, 4 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment