Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Week 17 - Damn, I can cook!

This weeks rule is "nothing new and nothing different." No new shoes, socks, clothes, training exercises, etc. At this point, it would be a bad idea to switch anything up since training is over.

I'm being cautious about everything. I don't walk around barefoot, I'm staying away from anyone who has a cough or sniffle, I'm trying to get to bed on time, I took it easy at a yoga class to avoid injury (ha!), and I'm eating like crazy! Once again I opened my wallet at the grocery store so I can carbo-load all this week. In the peaking phase, you don't want to get hungry so I'm trying to have food with me at all times. Good dinners from scratch every night. I'm making some delicious pastas, rice dish's, breads and more. Everything is coming out great but man is it time consuming!

Speaking of time consuming, my inbox has been swamped with emails from the BAA, Adidas, Runners World magazine, etc. I'm reading all the advice and last minute tips. Eat, hydrate, rest, eat breakfast 2 hours before race, sip on a sport drink as soon as you wake up, etc etc etc. Now, I just want Marathon Monday to get here! I'm ready for this.

This past Saturday was a quick and easy 8 miles. A few 2-3 mile runs this week... 1 unfortunately on the treadmill (never will warm up to that thing), big pasta dinner on Sunday night, in bed by 8pm (I hope) and it's out to Hopkinton at 6:15am on Monday.

So sad that this is going to be over soon. It's been an amazing process and experience and I'll be sure to post one final blog with how it all turns out in just a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment